Tuesday 17 April 2012

Free-Verse Poetry Contest - [Third Place]

Name: Armiwaty Ratimin
Class: LGB4A
Semester: 4
Title: I Can't Read You
Category: Poem
Brief Summary: About how hard to understand people words and thought.


I'm a Man, not a saint..
I'm an interpreter, not a mind reader..
I'm working on words, not riddles..
I'm reading the lines, not your veins..
I'm uttering my love, not signing my anger..
I'm sorry I can't see my fault, 'cause my eyes too blind..
And I'm sorry I can't read your clear mind, 'cause I'm illiterate...

I learnt characters and figures, not shadows nor bubbles..
I took Maths and Languages, not sighs nor giggles..
I counted numbers, not heart broken pieces nor tear towels..
I'd been tested on board and papers, not on frown nor stare..
I wrote on screens and sheets, not on smoke nor air..
That's made me bad at evaluating of what I see..
 While those made you sucks at your ABCs..

No comments: