Monday 28 November 2011

[PT] Wait Forever

Name: Adam Ar-Rashid
Class: LG2201A
Semester: 1
Title: Wait Forever
Work Count: 254
Category: Poem
Brief Summary: When a guy sets his heart for love, if forever it will take, then forever he will wait
Other Details: -

Doubtful thoughts messing around your mind
Undefined feelings crossing borders without any sign
Maybe its love, maybe it’s like, hope it is not hate
Who knows, it all depends on faith

Guilt exults your heart right this moment,
Why should you, just be cool and act innocent
That surely suits you well, just need a little sense
Open your heart a bit, give a chance of enlightment

Everybody wishes and everyone talks
Sometimes it made the situation a lil’ odd
They wish the best for us, but they don’t really see
Don’t listen to them, just like me, just want me for being me

You said I am good and nice, thank you
You said just be myself, I will do
You said I am not pushy, again thank you
You said don’t be too hopeful, yes I won’t be

Predicting the future maybe that's what really frightened you
Don’t be, because I am not going to
I don’t wanna know what’s gonna happen next
Just have some confidence that things won’t be lax

Maybe things won’t turn up as I want to be,
I won’t blame you though, because you had warned me
It is me who wanna keep on trying,
Because the love for you, just don’t wanna die

Scared in your mind and heart, I felt it too,
About things that's gonna happen and things that need to do
Just chill and relax, follow what your heart has say
If forever what it takes, then forever I’m gonna wait


EDITED BY: Maisarah binti Ahmad Kamil

4 comments:

Young Scriptor Club said...

A nice poem. There's really no other word to describe it. It has hope written in the stanzas, and also desire... Desire for the relationship, for the love, for everything.

I like how the persona is not truly worried about the future. Thinking about that so much can definitely scare people, but when you just let go and BE, then I suppose that's one of life's little pleasures that you tend to enjoy. Again, some good use of rhyming even though it's not there in every line. It's nice to have some variety with a poem, so good work!

aCe+ said...

thanks. hopefully this poem can give some perspective on the concept of waiting for love one. hehehe

Anonymous said...

I like the last line :D

aCe+ said...

thanks