Sunday 13 November 2011

[OT] Heartbreak

Name: Adilah Miswan
Class: LGB6B
Semester: 6
Title: Heartbreak
Word Count: 304
Category: Other
Brief Summary: How heartbreak feels.


It's strange... After years of protecting myself from completely losing my head, I am defeated by the same weakness I spent so much time and strength avoiding. Just because I began to believe that love is the beautiful emotion that it is.

Don't get me wrong. Love is indeed beautiful. It probably is the most powerful emotion in this world. It can drive you to achieve great heights and do wondrous feats. It can also drive you to the other side, where all the darker deeds lie.

I shouldn't be so clingy, so unwilling to let go. I believe God has something better in store for me. It will happen when the time is right. But when you're hurting so badly, it's difficult to believe that, you know?

Sure, separation sometimes is the best way to go. To feel the lifeline sustaining you, your very purpose of existence, pulled away suddenly, leaving a huge hole under you, sucking you under, is something that you don't want to experience. Feeling lost is only the beginning.
Always being there for me isn't the same as losing that particular warmth and security when you're with a person. For instance, between a best friend and a partner, who would you run to with a problem first? For me, it's almost always the partner, because you know he will listen to you, no matter what. Why? He cares for you; therefore, anything worrying you will become his priority.

Losing that is hard enough. Losing the warmth is even harder.

I know that for now, being friends is the best option. Circumstances are not exactly ideal for a long-term relationship. It's how I deal with it that's important.

Now, I need to draw on the strength I know I have to wade through this and emerge a stronger, wiser girl.


EDITED BY: Nurul Afiqah binti Laili

2 comments:

Young Scriptor Club said...

1. In my opinion, the writer’s emotions are strongly shown to the point where I, a reader can
feel it. This means that the writer has managed to accomplish the feat of connecting with
her readers and the feat of showing emotion in ones writings.
2. The writer’s grammar, vocabulary, and wording are all perfect.
3. Even though it is not a poem, at times it seems quite poetic.
4. However, I do not know how to categorize her writing for it is not a poem and it does not
seem to be a story.
5. All in all, it is a good read.

Unknown said...

Firstly, thank you for your review. I always appreciate it.

I'm not sure myself how to classify it. I suppose it's just a heartfelt outpouring of feelings. Glad you could connect to my work.