Sunday 30 October 2011

[PT] The Blank Mind of Mine

Name: Armiwaty Ratimin
Class: LGB4A
Semester: 4
Title: The Blank Mind of Mine
Word Count: 117 Words
Category: Poetry
Brief Summary:

A blank mind of mine
Comes at the right time
When I have to find
The right answers in my life…

The blank mind of mine
Doesn’t make my life so fine
Makes my life go blind
And takes me out of line…

I don’t like the blank mind of mine
It makes my life go ‘fun’
Makes me be a bad human kind
And the feeling goes through my
veins…

Maybe I’m just too blind
Maybe I always don’t mind
Between the bad and fine
And.. between ‘the milk and the
wine’…

The blank mind of mine
Urge me to find
The right ways and lines
Because I’ve got the sign
That.. Me is not mine


EDITED BY: Maisarah binti Ahmad Kamil

1 comment:

Young Scriptor Club said...

Quite an interesting piece of poetry, I have to say. I was quite intrigued with how the persona felt with the blankness of the mind. I felt as if the persona's mind was in chaos due to the blankness of it, which is contradictory but at the same time, it works. Enjoyably so.

The persona doesn't have real control over the mind, I'm assuming? It's an overall intriguing piece of poetry. The poem lacks emotion - it makes you feel blank like the mind, and somewhat confused as well. Which is great, considering what the poem is about.

Keep writing!